Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 37 posts ] 

Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Site Admin

Einstein 640 owners!
We have released Einstein 640 FW v.50 update. This update will allow future use of FAT32 formatting and larger capacity cards. However, this update will still require a card 2GB or less in capacity formatted to FAT16.
Please follow this link and click on the FIRMWARE tab for instructions and download.
http://www.paulcbuff.com/e640.php

Also, FW v.50 for Cyber Commander has been released. Visit this thread for more information.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4243
If you have any questions about the Einstein E640 firmware update, please contact us or post questions in this thread.

Top Top

#

Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:17 pm

What was upgraded in v.50? The E640 firmware page has no information on what the upgrade contains.

Top Top

#

Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:01 pm

Site Admin

Technical Support wrote:
... This update will allow future use of FAT32 formatting and larger capacity cards....

Top Top

#

Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:47 pm

I saw that but I wasn't sure if there were any other operation/feature changes. Thanks.

Top Top

#

Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Site Admin

No, those are the only updates on the E640. Cyber Commander did have a power draw improvement as well.

Top Top

#

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:51 pm

:D Thanks guys. Very nice, I wish most companies would listen and address their customers concerns like Paul C. Buff, Inc.
COMPANY OF THE YEAR AWARD

Technical Support wrote:
Einstein 640 owners!
We have released Einstein 640 FW v.50 update. This update will allow future use of FAT32 formatting and larger capacity cards. However, this update will still require a card 2GB or less in capacity formatted to FAT16.
Please follow this link and click on the FIRMWARE tab for instructions and download.
http://www.paulcbuff.com/e640.php

Also, FW v.50 for Cyber Commander has been released. Visit this thread for more information.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4243
If you have any questions about the Einstein E640 firmware update, please contact us or post questions in this thread.

Top Top

#

Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:18 pm

I don't understand why an update for Fat32 when the max capacity is still 2gb, not that the profiles take much space, but I have 64gb cards in my cell phone using Exfat. I would expect that at least 8gb cards would be supported.

And a factory reset option for all the settings on the Cyber Commander.

Top Top

#

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:58 am

Site Admin

The update is for FAT32 support after the update (i.e. for future updates). Since the CC does not support FAT32 until v50 is installed, a FAT formatted card is required. Once the update is performed, cards up to 32GB will be supported.

Top Top

#

Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:52 pm

Problems here, may be firmware related or it may be coincidence. Updated to v.50 on both my Cybercommander and my Einstein E640 because my meter has been acting up and giving me weird readings. Cybercommander was showing my power range to be completely out of spec from what it was originally configured.

Updates were successful, and they tell me they are using the v.50 firmware. Did a little test and the firmware didn't fix the problem with the light meter. I also noticed that decreasing the power would show up immediately on the screen, but take 5-10 seconds to decrease completely (keep hitting test button and it fires with less and less power.

Anyhow, the firmware didn't fix my problem but now the Einstein no longer fires and oddly enough the fan doesn't turn on at all. Seems like a hardware failure to me, unless the firmware controlled fan speed. Anything I can try or are these two things going to have to be sent in?

Top Top

#

Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:16 pm

theoryzero wrote:
Anyhow, the firmware didn't fix my problem but now the Einstein no longer fires and oddly enough the fan doesn't turn on at all. Seems like a hardware failure to me, unless the firmware controlled fan speed. Anything I can try or are these two things going to have to be sent in?

I upgraded the firmware (to v50) on both my Cybercommander and E640 as well today. I can adjust settings on the CC and see that they are sent to the E640 but the E640 won't fire. I've got the CyberCommander in the hot shoe of my 5DmkII and it seems to not be sending a basic "fire" signal to the E640. When I hit the test button on the CC the E640 fires correctly but it won't fire from the hot shoe when the shutter button is pressed.

Anyone else having this issue?

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 37 posts ]