I am not having any luck bringing my CyberCommanders (2) from V40 to v50 either:
- I formatted the 2gb card SanDisk cards that came with my CC's in Windows [format J: /FS:FAT]
- I copied the "PCBUFF" folder from the download/extract to the root of each card
- I removed the batteries from my CC's
- I inserted the SD card and inserted brand new alkaline batteries
- the V40 boot screen comes up, then cycles through a series of flashes for several minutes
- the CC UI screen eventually comes up
- I removed the SD card
- I rebooted the CC, and the boot screen still shows V40
And - upon inspecting the contents of the SD card after the firmware attempt - there are 269 folders named "CCMDR" in the PCBUFF folder.
I also tried the same process - with the only change being formatting the SD card with the built-in CC SD card utility.
Ok, so I got my PC Buff provided/prepared micro SD firmware update card, and it worked perfectly and easily on my primary and backup CyberCommanders. Happy.
So, I take that same card provided by PCB (that JUST worked with the CC's) and put the PCBuff folder with the e640 v50 firmware update onto the root, and no luck. Frustration.
I put the card in my e640's, plug each of them in, and almost nothing happens. Each Einstein makes a brief "whirring" noise, but the display screen remains black and no firmware update occurs.