Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:49 pm

I'm in a rental house that was built in the 50's and hack-remodeled by the owners in the 70's.

Two other factors, are that I keep large saltwater fish tanks, and thus have at least one 300w+ electric pump running constantly, along with a couple of other 100w+ pumps on various circuits in the house.

I've noticed that on many of the wall outlets, I can't plug an AB400 or AB800 and CSR+ in directly, without the dreaded "constant flashing" problem as soon as the CSR+ RJ-11 is plugged in.

The only way I've been able to get consistent CSR+ performance is to run them off of a couple of daisy-chained surge strips, plugged into one specific outlet in my house (which, I have a feeling if I traced it out, would be one of the only ones that doesn't have a fish tank pump running on the circuit)

Other than shutting my tanks down, any ideas for coming up with cleaner power for my AB's off of CSR+'s?

Thanks
K

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:19 pm

That would probably work (don't get the cheaper BackUPS because it's total crap :-)
You've probably got a voltage droop in your power lines. The SmartUPS will boost the power levels back up to 120V. It might squawk when you fire the bees, but should be ok...

Top Top

#

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:37 am

kenyee wrote:
That would probably work (don't get the cheaper BackUPS because it's total crap :-)
You've probably got a voltage droop in your power lines. The SmartUPS will boost the power levels back up to 120V. It might squawk when you fire the bees, but should be ok...

Ditto on the BackUPS vs the SmartUPS. I have both here, and the cheaper BackUPS model does not have the same line conditioning features of the SmartUPS, nor does it have true sine wave output during battery operation like the SmartUPS. My SmartUPS 1400 is ancient, and is on it's second set of batteries (2 x 20Ah 12v), but it provides clean, stable power at all times. It can even provide emergency service as a battery powered source of clean 110v current in a pinch.

Voyager

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]