Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Hello, I am almost ready to pass on my new order but I was wondering about the CyberSync™ CST

What I am looking for is really something close to the new TTL Pocket Wizard. I would like to be able to adjust any lights (AB800, Nikkon SB-600) remotely but this I mean if I could change the power of any flash without actually having to walk there. (Creating group is fine)

I will use those remote control mostly in Studio AND on location(outside in direct sunlight etc). I currently use LightReins remote control and they are not very reliable. 1 shot out of 4, I will have one flash that won't pop so I want to make sure I will not feel the same pain with AB CST. I know Pocket Wizard are very reliable but... outch they hurt your pocket :)

So what I would need is this: One transmitter and 4 Wireless receivers for any lights (AB or Nikon Flash)

What do you recommend me purchasing?
What kind of battery is required for those as well? can we get rechargeable battery to help the environment?

Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Top Top

#

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:00 pm

Site Admin

Our CyberSync system with the Cyber Commander and CSR+ or CSRB+ can adjust the light output of our lights. Additionally, they can trigger, group, and meter any light, however they would not have power control. Our battery powered receivers take AA and rechargeables are fine. The CyberCommander takes AAA, but we do not reccomend rechargeables, as the voltage is too low.

TS

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:57 pm

But if I purchase the commander, do I still need to purchase the CyberSync™ CST ?

Thank you so much in advance!

Cheers,

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:35 pm

No, but you will want to. It is cheap, and allows you to keep the CC in your hand where you have full use of it's control and metering functions without fiddling around with installing it on/removing it from your camera.

It boosts your range of reliable trigger signal as well!

Voyager

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:49 pm

Pretty sure it won't control the output of you Nikon flash though. It will fire it remotely though.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]