Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ] 

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:59 pm

I'm having problems with the CC not reliably firing lights. I also have a CST and it is working 100% of the time. The other symptom is that the cc will often not meter lights: It meters on the screen and defaults to f1.0 but does not fire the lights. Similarly, it often does not fire the lights when the test button is pressed. This is true no matter what lights I have hooked up to it, ie: Zues, AB800, or speedlights.

I've replaced the batteries. What else should I try?

Top Top

#

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:49 am

Site Admin

When it reads "<f1.0", does it fire the light to obtain that reading? does it fire reliably through the hotshoe/PC cord? Will it fire from the left button (which should fire all lights)?

Top Top

#

Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:58 am

Hi,
When it reads f1.0 it does not fire the light. This is hit and miss because sometimes it does fire the light and get a good reading. When it doesn't fire the light the left test button doesn't work either. Haven't tried the pc cord yet because when it doesn't fire it's also not firing from the meter button or the test button so I didn't feel that the hot shoe was likely the problem.

Top Top

#

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:33 am

Site Admin

Double check the frequency and channel dials to make sure they are seated fully. A slight variation can cause the lights to adjust but not fire, or fire and not adjust. Also, test via the hotshoe, this will let us know if it is a tranciever issue or a hardware issue.

Top Top

#

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:18 am

I have narrowed it down to the CSR+ I have been using. I have bought a CSR+ and two CSRB+ receivers for use with my flashes. My plan is to use the CSRB+s with my speedlights when they weren't running my PCB lights.

I've checked the channel and frequency dials on several different settings and can reproduce the problem. I had the Zeus and a AB800 set up and test fired them repeatedly using the CSR+ and a CSRB+. The flash using the CSR+ receiver consistently mis-fired after several hundred test fires using both a CC and a CST. This was true whichever flash unit the CSRB+ was attached to.

Top Top

#

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:37 am

Site Admin

one more thing to check. Are any of the receivers on repeater mode? This is indicated by three rapidly blinking green lights on the receiver? If not, it does sound like a bad receiver. Please contact customer service for support for this matter.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ]