Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:22 pm

I just received my Einsteins and Cyber Commander yesterday and have been stuck configuring it. I can control them, but the remote thinks they are AB 400s instead of the Einsteins, so the range is limited beyond what it should be. Everything I read say that the transmitters should be sending the correct info if they are Einsteins but this isn't happening. How can I fix this?

Also, my first channel seems to be on "POWERPACK" (it wasn't before, not sure how it changed) so I have my four units set up on 2-5, which is usable but not ideal. No idea how that happened or how to fix it.

But my primary issue is the first one - how do I have the remote recognize the correct units that I'm controlling?

Thanks!

Top Top

#

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:31 pm

Site Admin

Put the lights on the channels desired.
Use the right joystick to scroll to the SET UP screen
Use the right joystick up/down to select OPEN MEMORY
Press in with right joystick
Use left joystick to scroll left/right to select STUDIO (just above the left joystick)
Press in on right joystick.
You should see all lights appear in the graph.
Use right joystick to scroll back to main FLASH screen
No further defining is required for Einstein.

Top Top

#

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Thank you for your reply and detailed instructions. However, when I tried them it just cleared out everything and there are no bars (the graph is blank) and no camera models assigned to the two channels that I assigned to each of the lights. Am I missing something else?

Thanks again!

Top Top

#

Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:04 am

Site Admin

Ok, using the right joystick, return to the SET UP screen.

Right joystick down to FREQUENCY and ensure the frequency setting is as you expect it to be and that it matches the frequency settings on the lights. All frequency settings must match.

Be sure the channel settings are different then try the steps in the previous post again and be sure you have selected STUDIO in the OPEN MEMORY function. Do not (at this time) select INTERNAL 1 or 2, or SD1-SD50. These names will appear in the lower left corner of the screen in the OPEN MEMORY screen.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]