Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:28 pm

One of my CSRB seems to have died. It had no last words, left no suicide note. The LED light does not come on. I tried three different sets of fresh batteries, still dead. I wiped off the battery contacts and made sure they were "springy". No luck. I put it in front of a heater duct for 24 hours thinking maybe there was some condensation inside causing trouble. Still nothing. It's as if there aren't any batteries in it at all. Anything else I can try?

Kent in SD

Top Top

#

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:00 am

Site Admin

If the batteries are making good contact, then that sounds like a dead dead CSRB (can you hear the batteries rattle if you shake the remote?). Contact Customer Service, and they will get you taken care of. You don't by chance store the batteries inverted, do you?

Top Top

#

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Batteries are tight and do not rattle. I keep batteries pointed in opposite direction as the diagram shows they should be. What would happen if batteries are inverted, i.e. point the same way? Will contact customer service.

Kent in SD

Top Top

#

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:50 am

Site Admin

putting batteries in backwards can cause the voltage to travel in the wrong direction. this causes your lights to tell the camera to fire. Just kididng! 8-) But it can cause damage to one of the components inside the receiver. Turning just one around is not advised either. If you are having issues with them turning on in storage, you can trim the test button if it is the old longer style (this will not void the warranty), or you can put a flexible piece of plastic between a contact and + end of the battery. When in use, you can still store the plastic in the battery compartment, and would take about the same amount of effort as turning a battery over.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]