Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:29 pm

I have a Canon XSi digital camera and a set of 3 Ultra 600s. I need to use the Ultras in a photo shoot but have been reading that the voltage may fry my digital camera. Several people have suggested getting a Wein Safe-Sync, but I want to be sure it will protect my camera before I buy it. My camera has no way to hook up the Ultras so I need something that will work and not kill my camera. I'm also on a limited budget.

Please advise.

Thank you!

Top Top

#

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:38 am

Site Admin

Misinformation - no safe sync required since 1983 Buff lights.

Top Top

#

Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:28 am

I had the same problem. I solved it by using a very inexpensive wireless trigger that I got from Ebay. Not only did it keep my Olympus E510 from frying, it freed me from having any cords attached to my camera. They are called “Remote Radio Wireless Trigger Control Flash 4 Channel”, and cost $25.88. What a liberating feeling. You plug in the receiver to one of your units and the little sender to your hot shoe mount on your camera. Your other units will fire off by way of the built in slaves. You can get them from this store on Ebay.

http://stores.ebay.com/OEC-Camera-Accessories

I have two, and keep one as a back up. You can get them for 30 bucks. Much cheaper and more useful then a safe sync and cord attached to your camera. Last, I have been using them for a year without any problems.

Top Top

#

Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:31 am

Sorry forgot to add this. I have gotten many items from this Ebay seller and I am very happy with this guy. He ships fast and for the remote trigger the shipping is free.

Top Top

#

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:23 am

Site Admin

While there is no inherent reason any remote would not work with our lights, there is a bit of Russian Roulette with the "eBay triggers" in general. Even with the new and improved versions, there is still a rather high failure rate.

Our CyberSync remotes, on the other hand, are highly regarded universally, have a 2 year warranty, and can serviced without sending back overseas. Not to mention the level of control from the COmmander and + recievers.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]