Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ] 

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:15 am

Thanks Joe Diebler, Director of Technical Support for assistance in problem of my Vagabond II Inverter.

Very friendly attitude to customers and efficiency.

Igor Alekseev, photographer
http://www.igoralekseev.com

Top Top

Website

#

Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:49 am

I am far from a professional photographer. I consider myself to be an advanced ameature. Photography has been a hoby since I was a child in the 40s and is now that I am retired it is a full time hoby. I have gone from film and darkrooms to digital and computers so I have seena lot in my 70 years. I just ordered a Ring Flasb (SB800) and am anxiously looking forward to receiving it and experimenting with it. I have been reading the Technical Manual on line and have read LIGHTING FOR STILL PHOTOGRAPHY: UNDERSTANDINGSTUDIO FLASH AND TECNNIQUES by Paul Buff. What a great and informative article!!! I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed and learned from reading it. We have a Company here that is customer oriented and that is worth a lot in our world today. I would like to compliment Paul and his staff for their professionalism and concern for us. It is indeed a pleasure to do business with a company like this. Thank you very much!
Pete

Top Top

Website

#

Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:19 pm

Site Admin

I wrote the little lighting book in 1981 when I was learning this stuff myself. Terribly out of date and more about the physics of light than actual how to. One day I'll bring it up to date. For those interested, just ask customer service for a free copy.

Top Top

#

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:03 pm

There is a lot to be said about having your support local. Or at least in the US. I currently have another brand of Battery Power Pack. One made overseas. After having it for three years it stopped working last week. To ship it back there, have it fixed and shipped back here will cost about the same as buying a new Vagabond II.

It might only be the batteries, which will be about a third the price, but to check or replace them you have to take the entire thing apart. Like down to circuit boards- no kidding. Not a user friendly design.

There's a Vagabond II in my future.

Bill F

Top Top

#

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:26 pm

This is ridiculously true. Its comforting to know if I'm on a shoot and an issue pops up I have you guys to talk to during the day. I was totally stumped today when my flash was freaking out and it turned out to be the optical slave causing my light to freak out from reflections and glare. I expected the worst and such instant help in getting the most from your products is something I would never want to stray from.

Top Top

#

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:27 pm

I'm a new PCB customer, but totally agree with he awesome service they provide. Has a great experience over the phone with their tech guy Joe.

It was a pretty big choice to invest in a lighting system/brand for me. Glad I decided to go with them.. great lights are nothing without equally great service which they have.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ]