Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 7 posts ] 

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:16 pm

I've had my Vegabond II approximately a year and a half and have only used it maybe 10 times. On my last two shoots I plugged in my AB800 to the Vegabond and started to shoot. Immediately when I plug my AB800 into the power pack it begins beeping. The pack is fully charged and the modeling lamp is not on. The flash barely fires and the pack keeps beeping. I'm curious why it is doing this or if it is a defect?

Thanks

Top Top

#

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:56 pm

Site Admin

Do you fully charge the battery after every use and mantain a full charge on it? Or, does it get stored without being recharged and/or sit for long periods of time without maintenance?

If left without a charge (and all batteries will lose thier charge over time) the battery in the Vagabond will sulfate, resulting in a loss of its ability to hold a charge.

Customer Service will be happy to assist in getting this resolved!

Top Top

#

Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:19 pm

I fully charge my batter after every shoot, like a I do with all of my equipment. I will from time to time pull it out and charge it if needed. Now that I am booking more shoots, this is becoming very inconvenient to me! If help can be given that would be greatly appreciated!

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:52 am

Site Admin

It definately sound like the battery is bad. Since all of the charging recommendations are being followed, you may have an issue in the charging circuit. In that case, the Vagabond will need to come in for service.

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:27 am

I'm located in Toronto, is there any way that the dealer in Mississauga can fix this issue?

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:29 pm

Site Admin

Our authorized repair facility (not a dealer) should be able to fix this for you. Below is a link to thier contact information.

http://www.white-lightning.com/contact.html#repair

Top Top

#

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:27 pm

Thank you very much for your help! Great customer service!

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 7 posts ]