Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 24 posts ] 

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:55 pm

Well, not sure that helped! Stupid user!!!
Not sure if white or grey, but I think I convinced myself they are white. Closer to other white print on screen. Tried maneuvers, and can see the green bars for my two lights, no other indicators for them after the open from studio procedure (for ALL). One light still with red dump indicator and doesn't seem to respond. The other with green light, and doesn't respond. Won't fire with "fire command" from CC, won't meter, won't fire from "test" button on CSR+, and won't fire from test button on AB.
Not sure what I am doing wrong. Any other suggestions? Would it help if I stop by the store/factory? I do live in Nashville...

Top Top

#

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:09 am

Sorry for the complexity of this, but when I connect to house current everything seems to work. I can individually adjust lights and meter them, fire them individually or together. I wonder if I'm getting too much of a voltage drop with the 15' power cords to the AB's from the VBII? Haven't measured that.

Top Top

#

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:00 am

Site Admin

If it is convenient, you may want to stop in, if you do, bring the VII with you. Otherwise, be sure you are pluggin in the RJ11 cord after the light is turned on. It is also possible there may be a grounding issue with the VII. We can correct that for you if it is the case.

Top Top

#

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:20 pm

Thank you, and I will try to come in soon. I am plugging in the RJ11 after light turned on.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 24 posts ]