Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ] 

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:43 pm

Got my light in and I just wanted to say Thank you ! you don't know how happy I am, Great Job (you desire a feather in your hat) and your support is fantastic.

Norm

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:52 pm

Norm wrote:
Got my light in and I just wanted to say Thank you ! you don't know how happy I am, Great Job (you desire a feather in your hat) and your support is fantastic.

Norm

My thanks also, very quick service and my Einstein is in my hands.. :D

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Just unboxed 225lbs. Shipment was rapid after ordering, but it took a bit longer to arrive (total: 7 days) despite the fast shipping method, as it got flagged going over the border due to the shipment value passing ~$1600/1800 and the Revenue Agency requiring a GST number (which was provided within 12 hours), and then needing an Import account opened as I've never imported any single order this large. All appears good. :)

Both the Einsteins and the VBIIs are smaller than I expected. Seems like the frosted dome really helps with evenness of light patterns with various modifiers.
I knew Vagabond IIs would whine while charging, but I hadn't quite anticipated the effect of having six of them charging in fairly close proximity to myself.

For some reason I had an unrealistic expectation that collapsible octos/strips would collapse with the speedring parallel to the rods. I have no idea where I got this expectation.

Now, just to wait for the new PLMs, the Retro Laser and the mini-offset "booms".

It's been a great experience so far - thanks.

Top Top

#

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:12 am

Good for you, and congratulation on getting your Einstein! It seems like mine and those who preordered from PCB AU - won't be getting ours in 2-3 months time... In the mean time enjoy yours Einstein and if you may post some photos to get us drooling until we receive ours... ;)

Top Top

Website

#

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:58 am

Words from The Man himself ...........

Luap wrote:
You'll have to take up the time issue with customer service - I don't know what position the AU orders are on the list. They are being processed in the order received.........

Hope this helps,

AB.

Top Top

#

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:13 am

Alphabug wrote:
Words from The Man himself ...........

Luap wrote:
You'll have to take up the time issue with customer service - I don't know what position the AU orders are on the list. They are being processed in the order received.........

Hope this helps,

AB.

Thanks AB, but I've email PCB US Customer Service like Paul have suggested, and that's the reply I received. :)

Top Top

Website

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ]