Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:57 am

I normally use my 40D in the studio, but I had to sent it out for repair. So I turned to my T1i to use in the meantime. I'm using a hotshoe adapter on the camera with the sync cord to the AB400. However, when I press the shutter nothing happens. I've unplugged and replugged in the cord on both ends and I have disabled Live View shooting in my camera. Nothing is working. So right now I have no camera to shoot with in studios and I'm at my wits end. Anyone have any ideas what may be the issue here?
Heidi

Top Top

#

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:20 pm

Site Admin

Definitely keep LV off. Also, try loosening the hotshoe. As you tighten the locking nut, it will draw the contact up off the hotshoe. As a trouble shooting step, loosen the nut all the way and press down on the adapter as you take a photo. It will likely then fire. If the adapter is too loose to stay on, you may have to shim between hotshoe rails and the locking nut (thick tape on the bottom of the nut as an example). Canon seems to be very particular about the contact, less tolerant of manufacturing variations than other brands of camera.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]