Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Mon May 03, 2010 11:51 am

I know it causes the rapid firing of the strobes when battery is low, but, by the time you pry the cover loose and pull the battery, the strobes have fired enough to almost have smoke coming out of them! When you have 4+ lights all over the place, you can't run turn them all off fast enough. A simple toggle on/off on side of trigger would make life much easier!

Top Top

#

Mon May 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Site Admin

The CST is designed to be on only at the moment of trigger, so by and large, there is not a need to have an on/off switch. In the case of the rapid fire at low battery power, the low battery indicator (three blinks of the LED when triggered) will have been present for some time. If the situation comes up that the lights are rapid firing, switching frequencies would have the same effect as a power switch.

Top Top

#

Tue May 04, 2010 5:19 pm

Technical Support wrote:
The CST is designed to be on only at the moment of trigger, so by and large, there is not a need to have an on/off switch. In the case of the rapid fire at low battery power, the low battery indicator (three blinks of the LED when triggered) will have been present for some time. If the situation comes up that the lights are rapid firing, switching frequencies would have the same effect as a power switch.

Thanks, and that makes perfect sense...

but, in my defense, it's always been facing AWAY from me, as it slips right in in that direction (I thought that was kinda weird) and is very hard to insert the other way, but I did just manage to reverse it to where the indicator faces me instead of the model (which have never asked what that little blinking light was) and I've tried them (I have several triggers) on Pentax, Canon, Nikon and Fuji DSLR bodies, and they always fit perfect reversed towards subject and are VERY tight the other way. Guess now I'll see if I notice it when the light blinks or not :D

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]