Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Tue May 04, 2010 7:07 am

I accidentally left my x3200 (less than a month old) turned on for about 36 hours. This morning while having coffee it started flashing by itself. I would describe the flashing as if i were pushing the test button but it was not a full discharge. I am guessing that the capacitor was simply discharging but would like to confirm that nothing more serious is going on here... it flashed about 10 times in rapid succession...any thoughts?

Top Top

#

Tue May 04, 2010 10:22 am

Site Admin

Were you using any remotes with the light,if so, which ones? Or was anything in the sync jack?

Top Top

#

Tue May 04, 2010 10:35 am

I was in another room when the strobe went off about 7-10 times....nothing else was being used and though I did have the Cyber Commander receiver attached to the light, the commander was sitting on a table. Hope that helps...

Top Top

#

Tue May 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Site Admin

There should not be any issues to arise from it being left on. The circuit breaker would trip shoud the unit get to hot or fire too fast. The rapid firing is likely from the reciever if you were unig the RJ-11 jack. This will increase sensitivity to line noise in the cicuit. Overall, you should have nothing to worry about.

Top Top

#

Tue May 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Good to know...Thanks!

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]