Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Mon May 03, 2010 11:57 pm

Just got my Einstein Monday! Thanks PCB for creating such a fine example of user friendly technology. I haven't had a chance to do any shooting yet, been real busy today. But I did get a chance to start setting it up with my CC.

Just want to say that it was easy and straight forward thanks to the sticky that was posted by TS.

The first thing I noticed, if I turn off Einstein at the light, it can be turned back on from the CC with:

1. The the "REFRESH" button.
2. The "Channel" button.
3. Changing batteries and/or removing/inserting MicroSD card(found this out by accident). :roll:

So TS, does this sound about right to you? If I don't want Einstein to respond at all while messing with the CC, I need to turn the POWER setting in CC to "STANDBY"? Thanks.

RMS

Top Top

#

Tue May 04, 2010 9:28 am

Site Admin

That pretty much sums it up. Paul has stated you can have a set up that is set to "on" and the same set up, only set to "standby" and save them as different save locations (i.e. SD1 and SD2). This could make it easier to switch back and forth. Any change made at the light will be overridden by the CyberCommander when the Comander is refreshed (by any of the methods listed in the above post).

Top Top

#

Wed May 05, 2010 1:13 am

Site Admin

TS is correct here. When you turn Einstein off locally, the CC doesn't know you turned it off (it's still in standby). If a particular Einstein unit is included in the CC setup, any sort of refresh at the CC will turn it back to where it was set when you turned it off. If you don't want this to happen you either have to turn it off at the CC or, if you don't want that light in the system, unplug it. If you then plug it back in and refresh it with CC, it will turn back on and revert to whatever is set up in CC.

This could lead to idiosyncrasies if you switch your Einsteins off with a power bar or light switch . . . you will have to turn them back on either locally or with CC. I guess this could drive you nuts if you have them rail mounted and have no CC! Just one of life's little tragedies ;)

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]