Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:33 pm

I just recieved my $1,500 package from Paul C. I mst say, I was impressed with the amount of care that goes into packaging our stuff.

Thanks!

My concern. I was testing all the new AB's I ordered and noticed that the backlight stand is TOO snug of a fit...to the point where I can't easily mount the AB. I have to force it to go in, whereas my two other general porpuse stands, fit injust fine. All the AB's I ordered just has a hard time fitting on the backlight stand.

Anyone else have had issues mounting the backlight stand to AB's?
I'm even thinking of just using some type of oil to slide the darn thing in to lubricate it. Or should I just return the stand for another? (but thats just a pain lol)

Top Top

#

Mon May 03, 2010 10:55 am

Site Admin

All of our stands use a 5/8" stud on top. If you are having a hard time installing a light, be sure the "T" screw is fully loosened (i.e. you can not feel it if you run your finger inside the mounting block). Also, make sure there are no anomolous burrs on the outer diameter if the stud. (I have never heard of this, but I guess it is possible).

Top Top

#

Wed May 05, 2010 1:20 am

Site Admin

Hmmmm - never heard of this. Perhaps we got a batch of backlight stands with weird size mounting stud. I'll ask incoming handlers to check to see if there is a problem we don't know about.

Top Top

#

Wed May 05, 2010 9:57 am

Site Admin

We checked stock on these stands and didn't find a problem. I believe this was a stray vendor error. Check with customer service and they will replace the stand.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]