Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Wed May 12, 2010 2:22 am

I ask this because I want to test out a flash tube from an AB1600 on an AB800 which i suspect is malfunctioning, but i want to see if it is a flash tube problem or the whole unit is messed up.

The problem with my AB800 is that at any power level, the flash tube pops with a very weak flash. On top of that, I see the red dump light constantly on, so it may be an issue with the capacitors too, I don't know.

What can I do?

Update: Nevermind the question on the subject box, it seems as though the flashtube is the same one, I will test out a working one on the AB800 tomorrow, but any clue what might be happening? I am using the test button to trigger the strobe btw.

Top Top

#

Wed May 12, 2010 9:38 am

Site Admin

Depends how old the tubes are. Any should work in any other. However, if you have old 10mm tubes from the 800, you shouldnt use them in the 1600 for a long period. The red LED is not indicative of a bad flash tube, nor is a flicker of light (tubes work or they don't). Are you using anything in the RJ11 jack (telephoen jack)? If so, try unplugging that and see if the unit works. If not, then the unit will need to come in for repair.

Top Top

#

Thu May 13, 2010 6:04 pm

Thank you very much, I just sent it in for repair.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]