Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 13 posts ] 

Thu May 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Technical Support wrote:
Liquid Rhino, have you tried on different frequencies?

ah, so THAT's what that little dial is for... ;)
great idea, will try!

Top Top

Website

#

Thu May 13, 2010 5:10 pm

My experience has been this:
I've never used the CC to fire a light in sync with a camera. I'm doing the CC in pocket/hand, CST on camera setup. I have yet to test the range for controlling lights with the CC beyond around 30'.

My CSTs have reliably fired up to 300', IF they are on an appropriate frequency. I've had them start failing at around 15' once, and at around 50' once which was solved by switching frequency.

Top Top

#

Thu May 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Just got my Einsteins, CC and CSXCV a few days ago. I started doing some testing myself regarding the range of the CC/CSXCV. For some strange reason, I can't go past 18'-20'. I've tried two frequencies so far, 1 and 8.

This morning, I wanted to take some photos of the backyard. We have some water draining issues. I place an Einstein at one window, aimed outside, walked three windows down and took a shot. I couldn't get the Einstein to fire. :?

I also have some of PocketWizard MultiMax Transceivers. I couldn't get past 18'-20' as well. I even placed the transceiver about 3' away and it didn't help. I still have my AB800's so I swapped the Einstein with an AB800 and did some testing. I got about 160' before it wasn't reliable anymore.

Below are some shots with the noise sniffer running on PW. Don't know if this would help.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 13 posts ]