Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 8 posts ] 

Tue May 11, 2010 12:07 pm

While I'm waiting for my number to come up and my Einstein units to ship, I am playing with solutions for how I'm going to pack stuff around. I'm leaning towards getting a Pelican case for the lights and certain accessories, but I need to know the dimensions of an Einstein to be able to figure out which cases make sense.

How big are they?

Top Top

#

Tue May 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Site Admin

the housing is 4.8x4.8x5.7 withount any protrusions like mounting hardware or model lamps, etc. Overall demensions are 7.0 x 5.4 x 7.8. (all measurements in inches). the weight is 4 lbs, 5 oz, not inclusinve of the power cord.

Top Top

#

Tue May 11, 2010 10:46 pm

Dave F.

Top Top

#

Wed May 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Great! Thanks.

Top Top

#

Thu May 13, 2010 5:11 pm

Note that in theory you could replace the pyrex cap with a shorter one, as this one is longer than is strictly necessary.

I may be doing that do save some room in one of my bags (they would be able to fit in a different orientation).

Top Top

#

Fri May 14, 2010 9:11 am

Site Admin

Neuffy wrote:
Note that in theory you could replace the pyrex cap with a shorter one, as this one is longer than is strictly necessary.

not to be nitpicky, but i believe you mean Lexan instead of Pyrex. The shipping cover is Lexan, and if you can find a shorter one that fits, then yes. The dome is Pyrex, but it is at its minimal size.

Top Top

#

Tue May 18, 2010 3:26 pm

Neuffy wrote:

I may be doing that do save some room in one of my bags (they would be able to fit in a different orientation).

Good idea! Technically, you can do that yourself. Just cut a horizontal section out and re-glue it back together without that section. I know it's a severe hack but it would work and save the room in the bag.

- Wil

Top Top

#

Tue May 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Technical Support wrote:
Neuffy wrote:

not to be nitpicky, but i believe you mean Lexan instead of Pyrex. The shipping cover is Lexan, and if you can find a shorter one that fits, then yes. The dome is Pyrex, but it is at its minimal size.

This is absolutely true. I have no idea why I typed "Pyrex" rather than the correct "Lexan". Not nitpicky at all. Thanks.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 8 posts ]