Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Thu May 20, 2010 12:23 pm

Hello,

The instruction manual recommends not using rechargeable batteries in the Cyber Commander because they may affect performances. I'm thinking this is because of the lower voltage of rechargeable batteries over disposable AAAs.

PowerGenix is about to start selling the AAA version of their NiZn high voltage (1.6v) batteries and I'm wondering if that wouldn't be the solution, it might even extend the range a little.

I'd like to get confirmation that it's safe to try those powerful little rechargeable batteries in my Cyber Commander without the fear of burning out anything with the extra voltage. Most everything I've tried my 1.6v AAs with did very well so I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be a problem but of course I'd like to get to be sure.

Top Top

#

Thu May 20, 2010 2:06 pm

Site Admin

There should not be an issue to to the slightly higher voltage, however, we have not tested them, so we cannot give any absolutes on suitability.

Top Top

#

Fri May 21, 2010 2:24 am

Site Admin

Drugstore Energizer Lithiums work really well, have a slightly higher voltage and level discharge curve. Double life in CC - more if you turn down the LCD to about 20-25% brightness.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]