Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ] 

Thu May 27, 2010 5:00 pm

My CC will fire my Einsteins just fine. However my CST I purchased over 1 year ago will not fire the Einsteins. I have switched every frequency on the CST to try and get it to fire the Einstein but with no luck. I do get the red light fire signal on the CST when I press test.

Is there a new CST that is supposed to work with the Einsteins?

Top Top

#

Thu May 27, 2010 7:19 pm

Site Admin

All CyberSync components will work together, and the CST will fire anything that is set to "ON". Set the CST to match what the Einstein says (I presume you have a module for the Einsteins). Be sure to hit the test button at least 2x to allow the CST to update. When you get the red LED on the CST, does it blink once or multiple times? Multiple times means the battery is getting (or is) low and may not trigger.

Top Top

#

Thu May 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Technical Support wrote:
All CyberSync components will work together, and the CST will fire anything that is set to "ON". Set the CST to match what the Einstein says (I presume you have a module for the Einsteins). Be sure to hit the test button at least 2x to allow the CST to update. When you get the red LED on the CST, does it blink once or multiple times? Multiple times means the battery is getting (or is) low and may not trigger.

The red light has 1 short blink only when I push test. I just installed a new battery to be safe and still get the same results. Yes the Einsteins have the new CSXCV's in them and work fine with the CC. Both lights and CST are set to frequency 1.

Top Top

#

Thu May 27, 2010 8:23 pm

OK I finally got a connection after I turned on the CC and opened from studio. Is this normal? Does the CC have to be turned on and a profile opened just to get the CST to fire the Einstein?

Top Top

#

Fri May 28, 2010 9:21 am

Site Admin

CC typically should not have to be on, however if communication had been established previously, there could have been a setting to override basic triggering.

Top Top

#

Fri May 28, 2010 11:50 am

Site Admin

for example:

If an Einstein and Cyber Commander communication line is set up, and if the light is set by the CC to the standby mode, and then powered back on by the power button, the CST will not trigger the light. If the CSXCV or power cord is removed, then reinstalled, you can then trigger via CST without using the CC.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ]