Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 8 posts ] 

Sun May 16, 2010 3:20 am

Hi guys I was going to email this but I thought I would post it here instead.

I'm currently using a Vagabond II with 3 220v B800's. I'm using a power transformer to power the 3 B800's from the Vagabond 110v - 220v B800's.

Now that you guys have a dealer in the UK I'm wondering are you making 220v version of the power inverter for you Vagabonds and if so would it be possible to buy one and just switch them around so I wouldn't have to use the transformer? Its heavy and a pain to carry along with the vagabond.

Thanks guys.

Top Top

#

Tue May 18, 2010 9:58 am

Site Admin

We are not planning a 240V inverter at this time. Part of teh beauty of Einstein is the universal voltage, allowing it to operate on 120VAC mains or the Vagabond, as well as 240VAC mains around the world. This will greatly reduce the need for 240V Vagabonds, which would not make such units cost effective to produce or sell.

Top Top

#

Wed May 26, 2010 9:20 pm

Unfortunately this means that they aren't really that useful for those of us in countries that use a higher voltage. While some lights may be multi-voltage, not everything else is. Ideally whatever power source you bring with you on location should be able to power everything you need.

Top Top

#

Thu May 27, 2010 9:24 am

Site Admin

F01 wrote:
Unfortunately this means that they aren't really that useful for those of us in countries that use a higher voltage. While some lights may be multi-voltage, not everything else is. Ideally whatever power source you bring with you on location should be able to power everything you need.

Which is not that useful? Vagbonds? Einsteins? 220V Bees?

Top Top

#

Fri May 28, 2010 3:25 am

Technical Support wrote:
F01 wrote:

Which is not that useful? Vagbonds? Einsteins? 220V Bees?

Vagabonds. We power more than just lights on location and even with lights we may use lighting from more than one manufacturer depending on what is required.

Top Top

#

Fri May 28, 2010 9:19 am

Site Admin

our 220 market is fairly small, and even with the new distributors may not be big enough to warrant a second design. Should the need become such that it is feasable, perhaps one will become available, though no plans are in the works as of now. In the mean time, Innovatronix may have something to suit your needs.

Top Top

#

Fri May 28, 2010 10:42 am

Technical Support wrote:
our 220 market is fairly small, and even with the new distributors may not be big enough to warrant a second design. Should the need become such that it is feasable, perhaps one will become available, though no plans are in the works as of now. In the mean time, Innovatronix may have something to suit your needs.

Thanks. I'm aware of their products and in fact that was the route I was going to go before I heard about PCB's UK distributor.

Top Top

#

Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:08 am

FWIW.......

I have been in contact with Innovatronix about this very issue and they recommend their "SE" units for the Einsteins.

HTH,

AB.

Last bumped by Alphabug on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:08 am.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 8 posts ]