Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:38 pm

and Off camera?
Hi, I have two 580exii's two crb's receivers one cst transmitter, I have a 580 off camera on a lightstand with a crb I have a cst mounted(velcro) on my other 580 in my hotshoe on my Camera I connected it via the cable provided by paul buff that came with the receivers, pc port connected,, I understand Canon disables the pc port but I have read where photographers are using such setups, What am I missing? what settings am I missing on setting the Flash or camera too make both of these flashes fire?

when I push the test light on the CST the off camera light flashes but when I take a picture nothing hence the pc port not working how do we get around this please?
its gotta be something simple I'm missing here

I have a Canon 50D I'm trying all this out with

Thanks soo much for those that step up and answer this for me
Cheers
Steve :)

ps
I know about the RF system the 580 provides But with the other Cybersync CRB reciever at times will fire them both off camera with the CST on the hotshoe for different situations as well as using my 70-200mm soo I needed the reliable radio triggers for the distance and positioning the lights behind trees and such.

I need this setup I described above for a wedding I'm shooting in a couple weeks,, I'll have one 580 on camera and be able too position and fire the other one off camera at the same time

Top Top

#

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:58 pm

Hold on I figured it out

Here's how I figured it out for myself, and this is what I remember reading too, a simple thing actually I just moved the pc cord from the Flash pc terminal which as we know is disabled too the Camera bodies pc terminal and it fired both flashes. Now I am more mobile

Thanks everyone we all learned something.

This crazy hobbie racks our brains sometimes huh! haha

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]