Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:56 pm

I know this is automatic, but the CC shows the Einstein as an AB400 or whatever. Is there someplace I can have it display as an Einstein so I can keep my lights straight? I have both Einstein and AB400s, so I want to see this on the CC display correctly. I am at v29 on the CC.

Top Top

Website

#

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:01 pm

The reason I ask is because I have the light set to the lowest power on the CC (as far down as it will go), and yet the Einstein shows it can indeed go 2 more stops lower. I assume this is because it is using the range of the light that is showing and not the full range of the Einstein.

Top Top

Website

#

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:18 pm

Did you see the sticky note for this?

Technical Support wrote:
There have been numerous calls and post about this, so i will have a brief explaination.

Einstein and Cyber Commander were jointly developed for each other, and are therefore far easier to set up than with legacy lights. The Cyber Sync + receivers were designed to keep reverse compatability with the legacy lights, and some effort has to be made to make 2010 technology work with 1987 technology. This is why the CC and analog light combo is daunting and perhaps confusing for a user at first. However, once it is figured out, it is a well working and useful system. Einstein makes this far easier, and some steps are eliminated from teh set up, while others remain. The issue I see is the steps that remain were often skipped with the legacy lights.

With ANY light, you should choose a frequency and set the Cyber Commander and all recievers to that frequency (this is done in the Einstein menu system). Now set each light to its indidividual channel. Now go to the menu to "OPEN MEMORY". Use the left hand joystick to select "STUDIO" (or if you only want to add 1 light to an existing set up, select the appropriate channel). As the Cyber Commander is opening, white or gray dashes will appear at the bottom.

With the legacy lights, you would now exit this screen and go to "SPEC LIGHTS" and select the appropriate light and model lamp.

With Einstein, it is automatically loaded as to the type of light and model lamp.

Now for all lights go to light settings, and make the appropriate selections for Model Lamp mode, power on or standby (Einstein really turns off, legacy lights minimize and are dormant). Recycle indicator, slave cell, and color mode only apply to Einstein. There is not circuitry to make the changes for legacy lights.

Legacy lights must have something in the sync jack to lock out the slave eye.

Top Top

#

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:00 pm

thank you. I did not see this post and this was helpful, albeit not as intuitive as everything else. Would be nice if this was in the Einstein doc, even as an insert. The insert that is in there isn't helpful.

-sed

Top Top

Website

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]