Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:59 pm

Can I lay down my Vagabond II in the foamed hardcase, I heard if I lay down the battery B20A, it can have some leaks? is it true?

Thanks

Top Top

#

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:05 am

TS can answer definitively but I think if you have the original Vagabond battery then it is a sealed lead acid model and can be laid down with the threat of leaking. I believe there is a section in the manual that mentions this in the context of the battery being approved for airline travel.

Top Top

Website

#

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:13 am

Site Admin

Correct, it is a sealed lead acid battery. If for airline travel, below is an excerpt from our FAQ:
The batteries used in both systems (the B15A in the V150 / V300
and the B20A in the VII) are spill-proof batteries, having all of the necessary approvals to be shipped by UPS and US Mail and to be transported by an airline as checked-in baggage (Unregulated per DOT 49 CFR 173, 159 (d), and IATA/ICAO Special Provision A67). When checked in for transport, it must be labeled: “Non-Spillable Battery” for all modes of public transportation. The label must be visible, so you may wish to tag the bag or box the system for air travel. Please understand that some airlines may simply refuse to transport any device that contains a lead acid battery, even one conforming to the current regulations. It is best to check with the airline first for any special shipping or packaging requirements

However, since airlines are private entities, they can refuse items, even if not regulated by DOT. We strongly encourage you to contact the airline prior to travel, and perhaps even get things in writing.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]