Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 15 posts ] 

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:08 pm

Technical Support wrote:
No RMA required, just your name, contact info, and a note describing the problem.

Thank you. :D

Top Top

#

Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:48 pm

This past weekend I had the same issue with strobing automatically using the CSRB with my B1600. I have a one into two adapter so I can also plug in my flash meter. I shut everything down. Started up the B1600. Plugged in the CSRB, then the flash meter and all was OK after that.

Top Top

#

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Site Admin

It could be related to the splitter, particularly if it is stereo, and some contacts got jumped. Particularly, too, if the CSRB is in repeater mode. Also, check the CST and make sure the batteries are fresh. If you press the test button, and the red LED blinks multiple times or not at all, you could have a dying battery, causing rapid firing, and ould be intermitent. The LED on the CST should blink once upon hitting the test button.

Top Top

#

Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:01 pm

The splitter is not a stereo type, I made sure of that when I purchased it. It actually did the same thing when I only plugged in the CSRB. CSRB in repeater mode? Not fimilar with that but I'll check it tonight. I'm believing it comes from turning on the CSRB before the B1600, or at least that what it seems like. I'll be doing more testing this weekend.

Sun Photo

Top Top

#

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:13 am

You were correct. Somehow it was set in repeater mode. All works good again.

Sun Photo

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 15 posts ]