Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 50 posts ] 

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:43 pm

Site Admin

Yes. But I would suggest Einstein over AB because it's global voltage and has loads of features AB doesn't. Also, if you use CyberSync or Cyber Commander, the Einstein transceiver is $29.95 US price compared to $89.95 for the CSRB+ needed for AB so this effectively knocks $60 off the Einstein price compared to AB.

Top Top

#

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:05 am

I saw a quick demonstration of the cyber commander and Einstein in action together on YouTube yesterday. They both look great and I can't wait for them.
Will it be straight forward to power the Einstein over here? I'll be getting a vagabond too so either way I'm sure it'll be ok.

Top Top

#

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:55 am

Site Admin

Yes, it is very straight forward. All you will need is either a power plug adapter or a power cord for 240V. Just plug it in. There is no need for making any changes to Einstein, it does all the voltage switching automatically.

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:50 am

Make that 12 + 1 :)

I have been looking at these little puppies for years now and I am really pleased you are bringing them to the UK. Finally a set of lights I can use for both my portraiture and for training on the website. Nice one.

Stu

http://www.alittlephotoshop.com

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:11 am

This is great news i have looking at these in the uk for ages, i also know a few people who are buzzing over this cant wait,hopefully will not be too expensive.

Top Top

#

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:51 am

As a UK user already, I can vouch that you won't be disappointed by them. The Cybercommander and the Vagabond II really are genius.

Top Top

#

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:37 am

I'd like to add my name to that list. I'm actually already in discussions with Colin about getting something sent to the UK from Oz, so this would be ideal for me. The sooner the better, for sure.

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:15 pm

I've wanted AB's to be sold here in Canada, but it's not happened... the shipping that AB's use to Canada is expensive. Easier to ship to a parcel service just over the border and pick up there. It would be much nicer if there was a Canadian distributor or if AB's would look into a better shipping channel.

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:13 pm

Site Admin

We chose UPS for the price (which we do pass on to the customer) we get for the quantity we ship. If we chose another shipper, our quntity would go down with UPS, and we would lose the quantity pricing, making everyone's shipping rates go up. UPS's lost/damaged package insurance allows us to turn around a new item almost immediately. USPS would require 30+ days. Also, USPS tracking is inferior to UPS's.

We always have had a factory direct sales philosophy, it keeps prices lower and customer service higher. If we were to set up a distributor in Canada, the distributor would have to make a profit (as Paul said on the previous page, there is not much room for us to discount), pay for shipping and associated fees as well. All of this would have to be passed along to the customer for him to stay in buisness. Either way, you would still be responsible for GST and PST which is collected by UPS when shipping any method. My understanding is the only reason we have distributors outside the U.S. is for the customs difficulties, as well as returns and repairs. With the trade agreements and KHB in Canada, these obstacles are at least mitigated.

Top Top

#

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:36 pm

Is there any information yet on where Paul C Buff UK will be based. I heard it was in the south of England.
If we order will we be able to collect from Paul C Buff UK or does it have to be posted to us?

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 50 posts ]