Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 15 posts ] 

Thu May 06, 2010 3:46 pm

Heart and thoughts go out to you in Tennessee. Have relatives there myself, though thankfully, not in an affected area.

Hope you and those around you will be safe.

Top Top

#

Thu May 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Luap wrote:
GrayJay wrote:
From your forum description - "This forum is for your technical questions that have not been answered in the FAQs above. Please limit questions and answers to technical issues."

Paul, I respect your right to have and voice your opinions about the current state of our culture here in the good old US of A. but I am really not interested in being pulled into them while looking for technical information about your products. To be completely honest I hear and see enough opinions in newspapers, magazines, on television, on radio, and on forums dedicated to political and social discussion. Even though I view the world differently than you I respect your opinions. But I come to this forum because I respect your products and customer service.

Have you thought of starting a forum for social and cultural posts where these ideas can be explored in depth?

No separate forums. I am in the enviable position of 100% ownership and control of my company and will exercise my right to speak on whatever subject I feel is important to my business, my customers and my country. I guess that is why I am sometimes referred to as King Luap. If what I have to say is rejected by my customers for whatever reason, I will pay the price.

As for having to endure my opinions or posts, nobody is forcing anyone to read them. The post titles are clear and the information promised by this forum is there. Try to get this from any competitor.

Well said, Paul. For this reason alone, I will turn to you for all of my future lighting needs.

Top Top

#

Fri May 07, 2010 12:21 pm

Site Admin

Watch this for the real tragic story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFjaQoOdJvI&sns=em

Top Top

#

Fri May 07, 2010 2:28 pm

Luap wrote:
Watch this for the real tragic story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFjaQoOdJvI&sns=em

Amazing video. I don't know what is more incomprehensible. The horrific storm and damages or the complete lack of coverage by "mainstream media".

I am proud to see Americans that get hit by tragedy who are not turning to blame, crime, handouts, waiting to be taken care of instead of taking care of themselves and others.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected from this storm. My aunt and uncle are from Knoxville. My wife and I vacation quite often in TN in the GSMNP/surrounding areas and have considered a move down there at some point in the future. We would be proud to join such a community as we have always been treated very well by the people we meet in TN.

Top Top

#

Fri May 07, 2010 3:22 pm

I was there from April 30 through the morning of May 3 at a photographic workshop in Nashville. Even though I was never in any danger and didn't lose any property or possessions, I could feel the understated concern and worry of the people around me. I had intended to stop at Bass Pro in Opry Mills on my way out of town. By Sunday evening, it was apparent that there was no point in trying. I went out Sunday evening to find something to eat, which was difficult because few restaurants were open. Even if they weren't flooded, people couldn't get there to work. Even so, the people that I came in to contact with were upbeat about weathering the storm. As I left Nashville on Monday morning I saw the Cumberland river from the I-65 bridge and could see the flooding downtown. I have never been through anything quite like this and hope not to see it again. I wish the people of Nashville and the surrounding area a swift recovery from this disaster.

Bill

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 15 posts ]