Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 270 posts ] 

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:50 am

Hey Guys,

I took fabulas advice and actually rang them this morning (OK, yesterday, Monday) morning.

The phone was answered by a nice lady, and as soon as I said my name and that I was enquiring about my pre-order she immediately (said she) knew who I was and assured me that I was on the list :) !!

Almost too quickly :lol: !!

But apart from that, I did find out that they place their orders on Wednesdays, it leaves USA over the weekend and arrives in BNE on the Monday.

It then clears Customs, and as a general rule they have the goods on the Wednesday, one week after they place their orders !!!

I wasn't quite sure, but somewhere there was another week in there, possibly...nah, I dunno, but sometimes it can take two weeks to get the order.

Either way, I was pretty darn impressed !!!

And they're planning to have the full range of Einstein products, I asked about the CC ...........

We wait !!

Cheers,

AB.

Top Top

#

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:18 pm

So, what? Two weeks from now?

George

Top Top

#

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:22 pm

guiri wrote:
So, what? Two weeks from now?

George

If you're in Australia....The earliest you will get them is two weeks from their USA release, that is assuming that Australia gets it's shipment right from the first batch.

If Australia's shipment is sent two weeks after the USA release, expect to receive them four weeks after the USA release......

AB

Top Top

#

Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:57 am

Thanks, I'm in the USA and of course, being the intelligent animal I am, I just realized I too could call and ask, so I did and i'm only #1100 something on the list, hehehhee.

I started laughing when she said that and she couldn't help but laugh too.

I go "I took it the right way didn't I"

:)

Thanks

Top Top

#

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:45 pm

guiri,
When did you pre-order?
Dom

Top Top

#

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:00 pm

Don't remember bro. Maybe a month ago or so..maybe longer.

I'm personally not in a hurry though. My money is going to be tighter than I thought so I may not even get'em. We'll see

Top Top

#

Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:44 pm

guiri wrote:
Thanks, I'm in the USA and of course, being the intelligent animal I am, I just realized I too could call and ask, so I did and i'm only #1100 something on the list, hehehhee......

IIRC, I seem to recall that PCB made a post somewhere (FM ??) along the lines that the first weeks production was to be 100 units, the second week 1,000 units, and the capability was 4,000 units / week after that.

From what I recall of when I read that post, we should be into the 1,000 units / week, if not the 4,000 units / week phase now..........

But, Since if we were I would of thought it would of been front-page news, and it hasn't been ..................

Of course, without knowing the average number of units each customer has pre-ordered, your place in the time-queue is only a guesstimate !!

AB

Top Top

#

Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:54 pm

From what I understood, I should be in line within a month but again, no rush on my behalf, I was just curious :)

Top Top

#

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:37 am

Site Admin

The production schedule is pretty much on target. We are receiving the first run of 100 board assemblies today I believe and the next 1000 are in progress, as are the next 4000. We have to assemble into housings and do in house testing and burn in and expect to begin shipping at the end of the week. A lot of startup work here - we have to learn how to test efficiently, etc. We are constantly fighting to keep parts coming in. We have no magic wand . . . nor does the board house. The global parts shortage makes our job more difficult. For what it's worth, our profit on the first 5000 is near zero . . . below zero when you consider development costs. We're in this for the long run so job one is getting them right and in the hands of users. We don't have a billion Chinese on tap to build these things for $50 per hour.

We have around 3400 pre orders now and will soon go from pre order status to shopping cart . . . with a lead time on new orders of course.

For those concerned, Dr. Morgan is back on the job but has to be careful. We are driving him to work and back and providing rest space for him at work. He's doing pretty well but we all have to look out for his recovery. Our recently hired second high level engineer suffered a sudden heart attack and had three emergency stents a couple of weeks ago. He (Bob) is back at work and OK. Same happened to me in 2001 and I'm doing fine. We keep interviewing and searching for engineers but pickings are slim - our standards are higher than the available workforce.

Top Top

#

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:32 pm

Well hell, no flash is worth dying for. You guys take it easy, I'm sure everyone will wait a few more weeks without a problem. Like you said, better do it right than not. It saves time and money and aggravation for everyone.

Speedy recovery to all of you.

GEorge

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 270 posts ]