Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ] 

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:21 pm

Thanks for creating this forum! PCB's customer service over the phone has always been top notch and I am excited to have another avenue to that same great service.

I seem to have a small issue with my Cyber Commander where it performs great almost all of the time with the exception of 3 or 4 occasions. It doesn't happen consistently, so I am probably doing something wrong. When I reduce the flash power of any one of my 4 lights (AB1600, AB800 x2, and ABR800) to its lowest setting, the CC seems to "lock up" and doesn't permit me to increase the flash power on that light that I reduced regardless of how long I mash on navigation joysticks.

The "fix" I've been using when this happens was to pull the batteries, remove the SD card, and then reinsert them. The CC comes back up and the light that "locked up" is still at its lowest setting but I then have control over the flash power setting once again.

Am I doing something wrong that would cause my CC to not recover from flash being reduced to its lowest setting?

TIA

Top Top

#

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:26 am

Site Admin

We are about to release a firmware upgrade that may correct this. Please check with Tech Help

Top Top

#

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Thanks!

Top Top

#

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:38 pm

I have the same issue where the screen goes black. Pushing on the mem card woke up the CC (although the mem card did come out like it should).

Also, I am having a lot of misfires. I had to stop using the CC and went back to the cyber syncs to complete some jobs so I have not had enough time to do further testing. The same setup has zero misfires with the cyber sync after thousands of shots but has maybe one out of 10 misfires with the CC so it must be a CC issue.

-D

Top Top

#

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:46 pm

Site Admin

Because of the proximity of the CC antenna to the LCD and other parts we are finding the CC has only about 1/2 the range of the CST. We are seeking solutions to extend the range.

We recommend using the CC to do the light setups and firing the system from the CST mounted on the hotshoe. This will give you the full CST firing range.

Top Top

#

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:41 pm

Luap wrote:
Because of the proximity of the CC antenna to the LCD and other parts we are finding the CC has only about 1/2 the range of the CST. We are seeking solutions to extend the range.

We recommend using the CC to do the light setups and firing the system from the CST mounted on the hotshoe. This will give you the full CST firing range.

There must be more going on or the range is less than 1/2 because I get misfires at a distance of only a few feet. Changing over to the CST and nothing else yields 100% firing. I hope the issue is resolved soon because I love the features of the CC.

Note: I will test the CC more in the next few weeks, but for now I have done very little testing. What little I did, I noticed that it appears to misfire most often after not taking a shot for 1 min or more. Does the CC go to sleep? The CST does not (as far as I can tell).

Thanks,

-D

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ]