Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:23 pm

I have used my Cyber Commander with combined with the Einstein 640 and CSXCV Receiver.
Managing successfully syncing the lights with the Cyber Commander I started dialing in my lights and all of a sudden the screen of the Cyber Commander was black.

This was only the second time I have used the Cyber Commander combined with the Einstein 640 and CSXCV Receiver. After putting fresh AAA Energizer Lithiums in the Cyber Commander it booted up, however after using it for 5 minutes the batteries were drained again. Using the Cyber Commander it emitted a high frequency noise similar you hear when a speed light is charging the capacitors.

Do I have a defective Cyber Commander? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

Top Top

Website

#

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:26 am

MY CC was acting up, I called tech support, and they told me to try two things: Put in some fresh alkaline batteries, and remove the memory card. Now it works, although I've yet to call back and get it working with the memory card.

Rechargeables have a slightly lower voltage than alkaline batteries; usually not a problem but apparently CC is somewhat sensitive to the difference. And apparently the memory card can cause problems if it's not seated and working just right.

Try those two things, and if you still need to call tech support, it'll save some time.

Top Top

Website

#

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Site Admin

Agreed, when a unit does not power up, it is either bad batteries or a bad memory card. I doubt fresh lithiums were drained that fast, so use them and remove the card and see what happens.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]