Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:53 pm

I have only had my x3200 for a few weeks and only used it twice now. I am very careful with ALL of my gear and know that nothing has happened to it. My bulbed cracked after bringing it out into 10 degree weather while it was still hot after shooting 3/4 power during a long photo shoot for Dance Magazine in NYC. I just replaced the bulb and the strobe wont fire. The beep sounds, the modeling light works, but the strobe is not firing at any power along its whole spectrum. HELP! I really dont want to send my strobe in after having it for a month.

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:40 am

Site Admin

Are you getting a green ready light on the back of the unit? If not, it will need to be sent in. If so, then either you have a second bad tube, or the trigger coil is bad. Inspect the new tube to see if there is any breakage in the trigger leg or wiring (the third leg by itself), also chack for any cracks in the tube. Also, be sure the all three legs went into the head straight and did not get bent making poor contact. If this passes, and you have other White Lightning or Alien Bees lights, swap tubes between heads and see if the problem follows the tube or the head. If it follows the tube, then we can warrantyreplace the tubes, if the problem follows the head, then it will need to be swapped or repaired. Contact customer service with your results and they can arange any replacement/service required.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]