Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ] 

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:09 pm

I'm ordering some really nice, abrasion resistant power cables (not that the stock cables aren't nice, too, but these are another ball game). What gauge do the old Ultras like for a 20 foot cable? How about the Einsteins (I'll probably order 4 after things settle down)?

Don't want to order too heavy a gauge and drag an extra 10 pounds of cable around, or too light a gauge and have my modeling lights flickering or the strobes firing spontaneously...

Top Top

#

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:32 pm

Site Admin

Just standard 15A cord (14 gauge I think). Any heavier than that won't accomplish anything.

Top Top

#

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:09 am

Knaht uoy, Luap C. Ffub

Top Top

#

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Site Admin

er'uoy emoclew. Your secret decoder ring is on the way.

For those who wonder where Luap C. Ffub came from, it started a long time ago when I wanted to talk about myself in second party language. Luap was able to say things like "That Paul Buff is one incredible human being" . . . things Paul C. Buff could/would say never say. But alas, the cat's out of the bag so Luap can't talk like that any more either. Back to good old humility.

Top Top

#

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Luap wrote:
er'uoy emoclew. Luap was able to say things like "That Paul Buff is one incredible human being" . . . things Paul C. Buff could/would say never say. But alas, the cat's out of the bag so Luap can't talk like that any more either. Back to good old humility.

I think we all have the same problem that Ben Franklin did with humility. The minute we become humble, we are proud of it, then there goes the whole concept.

Let's just confess that we were the "above average" children that Garrison Keilor spoke of inthe "Prarie Home Companion" and leave it at that, eh?

Top Top

#

Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:46 am

Joseph S. Wisniewski wrote:
I'm ordering some really nice, abrasion resistant power cables (not that the stock cables aren't nice, too, but these are another ball game). What gauge do the old Ultras like for a 20 foot cable? How about the Einsteins (I'll probably order 4 after things settle down)?

Don't want to order too heavy a gauge and drag an extra 10 pounds of cable around, or too light a gauge and have my modeling lights flickering or the strobes firing spontaneously...

I'm not sure how much you use your strobes, but I have over 30,000 pops since buying my AB's this fall. Lots and lots of volleyball and basketball games and tournaments. I have had no problem with the 15 foot power cords that came with the Bees. Also, I have two 50 foot 16 ga extension cords I bought at the local big box hardware store. I have had no problems at all.

EDIT: I might add that I have not used the modeling lamps. They are still in the boxes.
Hope this helps.
Mike

Top Top

Website

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ]