Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ] 

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:12 pm

I've used the CSRB+ units for a while now, and don't leave home without it... I am starting to use my Nikon Speedlights now just as much as I use the White Lightnings and Alien Bees, and i am wondering...

Can anybody tell me EXACTLY (with links to the stuff i need to purchase, if possible) what i need to connect my Nikon SB Speedlights to (SB600's and SB800's) to get them to sync with the CSRB+? Basically, what kind of adaptor am i looking for to attach to the Speedlights while they are on their own lightstands... I know each light will need its own CSRB+, and they'll be on "Manual"...

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Top Top

#

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:04 pm

It states in the Cyber Sync info that they ship with several sync cords so you should have everything you need to at least use your Sb800 speedlights with your csrb's. The SB800 has a pc sync port which will connect to your Cyber sync via the "1/8" to pc sync cord" supplied with your csrb's. For the SB600 you will have to buy a "hotshoe to 1/8" plug" like this product from Flash Zebra since I do not believe the SB600 has a PC sync port (I am a Canon shooter so my first hand knowledge of Nikons is limited): http://www.flashzebra.com/products/0126/index.shtml

I use Pocket Wizards and Radio Poppers but they function just like the Cyber Syncs. Just set your flashes to either the Manual mode or the Auto Flash mode and they will be triggered with your Cyber Syncs.

Top Top

#

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:12 pm

Perfect! Thank you, I knew it had to be something simple, i just couldn't get my head thinking straight about the SB600 units....

Top Top

#

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:47 pm

Site Admin

Just an FYI, our SLFA will work to connect the CSRB/+'s to flashes with and ISO (standard) foot, like the SB600. Flashes with non standard feet (Minolta and Sony) will require a different adapter.

http://www.alienbees.com/parts.html

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 4 posts ]