Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ] 

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:05 pm

I didn't see anything about a fan in the manual for the VB Mini, but appears it has one.

1. Do I leave it on until the fan stops, or can it be shut down immediately?

2. I noticed when I finished with two Ultra 1200's plugged into it, the charge LED was still three of them still green (3/4+ power remaining). This morning, I flipped it on and only 1 LED showed. Do the Ultra's draw power off the battery if they are switched off and plugged into the turned-off Mini?

3. I have noticed a bit of flickering from the modeling light(s) on the Ultra 1200 as the power inverter discharges and the units begin to cycle back up. Should that be a concern? I have the modeling lights switched off (and via the Commander too and the battery remotes), but one flickers a bit on the recycle and turns off, and later the other begins to flicker on a second or two during recycle when the inverter battery voltage drops a bit. The flashes both still work as they should, just the "modeling lamp circuit" seems to flicker a second or two when run off the VagaBond Mini even with their modeling lamps switched off.

Mack

Top Top

#

Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:18 pm

Site Admin

If you're going to use modeling lamps (not recommended) use a 40W lamp. VML can't support much modeling lamp power during recycle. Also, set the light so the model lamp goes off during recycle.

As for the fan, there should be no problem turning the VML off while the fan is running, though it might be more prudent to let the fan stop before powering down.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 2 posts ]