Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ] 

Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:17 pm

My desire is to have one carrying bag to carry two light stands, tripod, two PLMs (does size matter) or umbrellas, umbrella stand adaptors, along with a few sundry items. Is this carrying bag large enough sturdy enough to accommodate all those items?

RicD

Top Top

#

Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:41 pm

Site Admin

The tripod would not likely fit with everything else, most are rather large in the max diameter. Two lightstands and one or two PLM's/umbrellas will fit. It all really depends on which products. 2 42" PLM's take the same space or less than 1 86" PLM (i.e. you can arrange them end to end). 13' stands will be larger/bulkier than 10' stands. So more specifics would help a great deal. No matter what, the tripod will not be joining the others.
TS

Top Top

#

Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:27 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply.
For me though it would be convenient having the tripod in the bag it is not important. The following items in the bag would be most convenient: two 42" PLM, or mix of PLMs and 28" Westcott Apollo umbrella type softbox, two light stands a LS3050, Photoflex LS B2218, or two of your large light stands.

Not always will I need to carry that many items however, when the need arises it would be nice to be able to do so. From your information all those items will fit (not the tripod) so, I will purchase one. I'm attempting to whittle down the number of separate items to grab and run. Maybe two bags and camera is okay, not all those separate items it becomes maddening.

Top Top

#

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Good news, received the LSB48 travel bag. Yes, it is high quality, I like this carrying bag. I'm very pleased I purchased it.

Here are the items in my LSB48:
One Buff LS3050
One Photoflex LS-B2218
One Westcott Apollo 28" softbox
One tripod (cheapo-beater Quantaray)
Four umbrella brackets
Two Photoflex umbrellas

With the LSB48 standing up the equipment slides to the bottom, a good thing. That provides more room at one of the other end for odds and ends.

Suggestions for the next run:
Have its circumference an inch or two more, still it certainly holds much.

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:55 am

Technical Support wrote:
Two lightstands and one or two PLM's/umbrellas will fit. It all really depends on which products. 2 42" PLM's take the same space or less than 1 86" PLM (i.e. you can arrange them end to end). 13' stands will be larger/bulkier than 10' stands. So more specifics would help a great deal. . .
TS

Tech Support: Can the bags fit two 13' stands and one 86" PLM? When you say 42", was this referring to the previous version of PLMs or can I also fit two 51" PLMs with two 13' stands in a bag?

Top Top

#

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:11 am

Site Admin

I regularly carry two 13" stands and 1 86" PLM (v.1) in my bag. 2 stands and 2 51" PLMs should not be a problem, especially if they are end to end, instead of stacked.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ]