Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 9 posts ] 

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:51 am

So last night at a shoot, both of my x1600's kept tilting forward with the giant softbox attached no matter how much I tightened the adjustment lever, I tried both lights and they eventually did the same thing by sagging forward. Never had that issue with the AB800's, but it was very frustrating while being at a shoot and having to fix it every 30-60 seconds.

Last edited by tomcouture on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Website

#

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:51 am

p.s. I tried tightening what looks like a screw with a flathead screwdriver but it seemed as tight as it could be.

Top Top

Website

#

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:11 am

Site Admin

The flat head screw actually keeps the two parts of the ratchet handle together (don't take that apart, as it will make a mess of parts). Adding an additional washer (next to the black washer) often assists in adding tension to assist in keeping the light in place.

TS

Top Top

#

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:43 am

Technical Support wrote:
The flat head screw actually keeps the two parts of the ratchet handle together (don't take that apart, as it will make a mess of parts). Adding an additional washer (next to the black washer) often assists in adding tension to assist in keeping the light in place.
TS

Okay...I don't understand why I should be having this problem, I would think an AB/WL light would be designed to be fully compatible with AB/WL accessories. If I were using another brand softbox that weighed significantly more then I'd understand me having to install an additional washer.

Top Top

Website

#

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:08 pm

I can recall another poster having the same problem. Turns out the lights were shipped with the washers on the mount located in the wrong places. RMS

Top Top

#

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:26 pm

It bums me out that I even have to ask about this...here are a couple of photos:

Are they missing anything? Can I get additional washers sent to me?

Top Top

Website

#

Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:42 pm

Site Admin

I will get you some in the next mail pick up. Please verify if you would like them sent to the address used for registering for the forum. If not please email us with the alternative address, and refer to this thread.

TS

Top Top

#

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Technical Support wrote:
I will get you some in the next mail pick up. Please verify if you would like them sent to the address used for registering for the forum. If not please email us with the alternative address, and refer to this thread.

TS

The address used for the forum is correct, thanks.

Top Top

Website

#

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:24 am

I had also heard that you can reverse the mount so that when the soft box pulls the light downward, it tightens the mount instead of loosening it. I am getting ready to try this with my lights (giant SB pulls the lights down all of the time).

-Dphotog

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 9 posts ]