Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:38 pm

I purchased a Vegabond II about a year ago. I charged it for 24 hours when I first got it but I never got a chance to use it. About every 5 months I plug it in overnight to charge just to keep it fresh. Now a year later I go to use it for the first time and it was dead. I charged it for 24 hours the day before use and when I went to use it both the green and red led's were off and it would not power up. I then went home and charged it another 24 hours and the green led was lit next to the charge plug port. I went to use it right now and it died within 5 minutes. I only had one B400 plugged into it. The green light was showing on both the charger port and the "on-off" button. Do you know why this is happening?

Thanks,
Jimmy

Top Top

#

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:07 pm

I've had my VII since 07 and I always leave it plugged in 24/7. Have had no issues so far. RMS

Top Top

#

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Site Admin

It sounds like a bad battery, especially if it only sits for months. All batteries self discharge, and if left uncharged, sealed lead acid batteries (like the one in the VII) will also sulfate, resulting in a loss of ability to hold a charge. Please contact Customer Service for help on fixing this. Incidentally, we reccomend fully charging the VII, which can & should then be unplugged. Top off monthly or immediately follwing any use, which ever is more frequent.

TS

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]