Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 1 post ] 

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:40 am

Site Admin

I impressed myself with my Kentucky Windage about Paul C. Buff, Inc. US market share of studio flash (I'll try to keep from getting too big a head about this . . . ego is a fault, and I have none :roll: )

As many forum followers know, I have long estimated our US market share to be about 60%. This survey just popped up on Model Mayhem. Not all that scientific, and lists what lights people are using rather than what lights people are currently buying. Nevertheless, if you add up AlienBees, White Lightning and Einstein, guess what . . . exactly 60% are using Paul C. Buff lights.

There are, of course, some caveats. Many of the lights being used are old Speedotrons, Photogenics, etc. that barely sell anymore. So I expect that, as far as lights actually being currently purchased, our lights represent more than 60%.

Especially interesting is that Einsteins have only been on the market for a few months and already account for 6% of the lights in use, while most of the other brands have been on the market for years.

Another caveat is that this survey was limited to 100 photographers and that it comes from Model Mayhem followers. Then again, these users represent a pretty good cross section of the industry.

Thank you all for helping us achieve this.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?threa ... 427&page=1

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 1 post ]