Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:14 am

With the AB400 attached to it, each time I power it off, turning it back on would require readjusting the flash power. I wonder if there's anyway to keep the same constant power and not having to change it. Perhaps not using CSRB+ and go with different set of remote trigger and manual adjustment instead?

Top Top

#

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:07 am

Site Admin

Are you saying everytime you turn off the Vagabond mini, you lose your flash power settings on the light? If so, simply pressing up on the right hand joystick will refresh the settings to the reciever (assuming you do not have a really old firmware version), thus restoring your output settings. Also, should you ever want a basic trigger, use the 3.5 to 3.5 sync cord instead of the telephone cord.

Top Top

#

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:34 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'll try out your suggestion - and probably need the FW upgrade. The current version I have is 29, is that really old?

Top Top

#

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:48 pm

Site Admin

While not the most current firmware, the ability to "refresh" is still there. You should see "REFRESH" in white in the lower right corner of the default flash screen.

Top Top

#

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:53 pm

Thanks for your help - I figured I need to trigger it twice for it go to back to where it was before - that is after the refresh. The first burst put out max power - strange but it didnt do this on the X1600.

The FW 36 upgrade makes a big difference on the flash meter. I didnt have to calibrate like I had to before - and it's right dead on - compares to my Sekonic L328.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]