Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ] 

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:20 pm

How do I reset my CC in order to erase all input information and start fresh?

Top Top

#

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:23 pm

Site Admin

You can go into set up> advanced configuration> SD utilities> and format the card. This will leave the current set up active. From there, just do your normal open from studio in the "open Memory" tab.

TS

Top Top

#

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:20 pm

I recently purchased a used Cyber Commander, and when I follow these steps, it still doesn't erase all the previous owner's settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRzQ97_8v4k

Is there no way to completely wipe it to factory settings?

Top Top

#

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:46 am

Site Admin

DeepDeish wrote:
I recently purchased a used Cyber Commander, and when I follow these steps, it still doesn't erase all the previous owner's settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRzQ97_8v4k

Is there no way to completely wipe it to factory settings?

Not exactly, since there is no specific "factory settings" other than no specifications. This can be performed by opening a saved set up that has nothing on it. SD15 would be one of many safe bets. This is mainly because if you perform a set up properly, the previous set up is overwritten, whether it is a studio full of lights, or no lights at all.

If you would like, I can send a set up that neutral/typical settings and no lights specified. You can email info@paulcbuff.com (attn: David in the subject line) and request that set up.

incidentally, the link to you tube was set to private, and I was unable to view it. Even if I send the set up to you, I will be more than happy to view the Youtube video, just to ensure the CC is not doing somehting unexpected.

Top Top

#

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:13 am

Sorry about that. I don't use YouTube very often. I just changed the video to "public".

Top Top

#

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Site Admin

Ok, you do have a corruption. This file I referenced earlier will take care of that and act as a kind of factory reset. Just email info@paulcbuff.com (attn: David in the subject line) and request that set up.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 6 posts ]