Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 10 posts ] 

Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:33 pm

Like many folks, I have been actively monitoring the site to learn more about when the Einstein units will be available for purchase. For me, it's a company thing... trying to manage a purchase before the end of the year. If they won't be out till 2010, I'll more than likely buy another unit (probably White Lightnight), but the features are enough to keep me on the edge of my seat... anxiously wanting to resolve this. Any feedback from Paul or his team would be very much appreciated.

Top Top

#

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:38 pm

Site Admin

Believe me we are more anxious to get Einstein on the streets more than any customer. We began testing of pre-production units today and there is sure to be a bug or two from drafting errors. We won't attempt to post an exact date until we are 100% ready. My suspicion is the production is likely to begin during Christmas week. But it's kind of hard to get people to work on Christmas.

Top Top

#

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:23 am

I can't wait. I've seen a small dome around the actually lighting to prevent from touching the bulb. This correct? I love how the design is, and to be honest; I can't wait to actually see a photo of the unit.

Top Top

#

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:33 pm

I waiting for these as well.
Along with the CC, the Es and the CS+ receivers for my B800s are an exciting combination.

Top Top

#

Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:24 pm

I'm glad someone finally posted. I wasn't sure if this was the place to post such a question or not...

I thought I was on a new product notification e-mail, but noticed that the CC was out, and never received anything via e-mail about it...

I'm wanting to get some lights, and badly need some, but will probably wait until Q1 to order. I am hoping that Paul decides to sell these in lighting kits similar to how the other lights are offered. I figured I'd probably pick up a double light kit, with a octabox (or maybe PLM) on one, and an umbrella on the other, along with a CC and the wireless modules.

Really looking forward to these lights.

Top Top

#

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:47 pm

to avoid creating another thread I ask my question in this one.

Will CST be able to trigger (not controlling it) Einstein with its Tranciever module or do you have to trigger it through the syncport with CSR(B)?

Top Top

#

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Site Admin

this is a good question, and would be a good new topic. The CST will trigger any reciever in the CyberSync Family, including the CSXCV module for the Einsteins.

Top Top

#

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:28 pm

damn, i was wanting to use end of te year cash. bummer, i am going to have to find an alternative. :-(

Top Top

Website

#

Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:02 pm

Luap wrote:
... We began testing of pre-production units today and there is sure to be a bug or two from drafting errors...

Luap, can you tell us how the testing went :?:

Top Top

#

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:49 pm

Site Admin

It's going well. Two drafting errors found and corrected, one or two to go. But we have to have everything running 100% to complete the lookup tables for flash duration and color temperature. So far so good.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 10 posts ]