Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 9 posts ] 

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:10 pm

I recently ordered a vagabond that was suppose to arrive on friday but got delayed due to "train derailment" on the ups tracking site. It arrived on monday and I left it charging over night. The led is now green and makes a small hum when turned on, but when i plug in either my b400 or b800 neither of the ligts will turn on. Im hoping its user error or if the train derailment could of affected it. any help is appreciated thanks.

Top Top

#

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:09 pm

Site Admin

If the green light is on when nothing is plugged in (lights or charging cord), the fuses are good and the battery is connected. If no LED is present, and no power is going to light if they are plugged in, check the fuses on the back of the inverter. If the fuses are good, but no power from the outlet, then the unit will likely need to be swapped. In this event, please contact Customer Service to make arrangements.

1-800-443-5542
info@paulcbuff.com

TS

Top Top

#

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:00 pm

I had the same problem, I got my new Vagabond II last week, as soon as I opened the case, I charged it for more than 8 hours. a Green LED was on all the time. Today I used my VagabondII with my ABR800, but on the first flash, the vagabond II just died. I checked the fuses and both of them are burnt out. my question is why did this happened? is it something wrong with my unit?

Jose

Top Top

#

Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Site Admin

Without inspection, it would be hard to say what happened. Please see the above post regarding repair or replacement

TS

Top Top

#

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:51 am

well, since I had not tried my new Vagabond, I thought I would get it out after reading this and give it a test. It worked for 3 pops and then made an awful sound and smoke starting coming from the top of the unit. :o was hookup up to a single ABR.

Top Top

Website

#

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:09 pm

3 non working vagabonds....i will be trying mine outside later away from anything flammable. fingers crossed. jesus christ.

Top Top

#

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:12 pm

ptlphotostan wrote:
3 non working vagabonds....i will be trying mine outside later away from anything flammable. fingers crossed. jesus christ.

good idea. my office smells like a soldering iron party gone horribly wrong. :(

Top Top

Website

#

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:41 pm

yeah, i read about that happening with a unit a month or so ago. the internet has me all paranoid now. hope its for no reason. i'll know in a couple hours when i get outside to try it.

Top Top

#

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:03 pm

However, you have to give PCB a big thumbs up. They are air shipping me a replacement immediately. Also, I think that statistically they are pretty reliable units given the huge number of them in the wild. They also informed me they test fire the units until dead, recharge and then do it once more before they ship them out. So, I am confident this was just a fluke.

Top Top

Website

Post a reply
 [ 9 posts ]