Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:09 am

I recently purchased a Vagabond and a CyberSync CSRB+ I plugged in one of my AB800s to the Vagabond and the bee fires just fine. When I plug the CSRB+ in to the "phone jack' connector, turn on the AB8000, when triggered, the strobe, lets out a very quiet ping and will not fire. If I turn it off, disconnect the cybersync and turn the light back on it fires just fine. I recall reading someplace the the cyber sync and Vagabond might interfere with each other. Is that correct? Does anyone have a suggestion? Would it be better to hook in a CyberSync CSR+?
thanks

jim

Top Top

#

Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:11 pm

Site Admin

Using the + version via telephone jack requires Cyber Commander. Without CC, the + receiver has no program input to tell it what power to fire at, so it fires the light at some unprogrammed value . . . in this case, zero power.

Until you have CC, don't use the telephone connector . . . use the 1/8" sync connection. I believe this is all in the instructions.

Top Top

#

Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:22 pm

THANKS, I have to laugh at my self. That makes perfect sense. I have the Cyber Commander but was just testing it with the CSRB+. I will try it with the CC. Thank you very much!
jim

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]