Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ] 

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:11 am

Hello, i m gonan buy AB 800, ab400, ringflash,,,,,my doubt is if i need to buy a cst receiver for each Ab or only transmitter and a receiver for all,..ty....

Top Top

#

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:15 am

and can someone tell me whtat do you recomend me to buy???

Top Top

#

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:15 am

Site Admin

One reciever will trigger one light, which will then fire the remaining lights, as long as the slave eye can see the flash. In some situations, the other flashes cannot see the first flash fire (large softbox, another room, etc.) therefore not firing. Or there may be other flashes firing (weddings, proms, etc.) and those flashes will fire the lights when you do not want them to. In such cases, additional receivers will solve the problem.

AC powered recievers will run in line to the power cord used by our lights, therefore no batteries are needed. Battery powered receivers can not only be used with our lights, but with lights using a different power cord, or speedlites that have no cord. + model recievers will allow remote output control of our lights when used with the Cyber Commander, and metering and grouping of any light when used with teh Cyber Commander. You will want a + model receiver for all lights if you choose that route.

TS

Top Top

#

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:21 pm

get a receiver for each light, and I would get the battery powered ones as I often use them on my speedlights as well and power is not always available. If you don't have speedlights, save the cash and get the powered ones.

Top Top

Website

#

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:48 am

ty. i just did buy , 2 ab800 and a ab400, ring flash , moon unit, ,beauty dish cst transmitter, 2 powered receiver and a battery power receiver, and of course the vagabond II.....

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 5 posts ]