Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:26 pm

If necessary can the vagabond ii be used while charging through the car inverter or is it best to hook up to a new battery when running low? Also....not sold on trying it, because it sounds sketchy, but hooking up the vagabond ii's inverter straight to a car's battery with the auxillary cables? and if so should the car be running if that set up is even remotely recommended at all. I just received it and have yet to put it through its paces, but mostly curious for just in case knowledge....and to know if the car inverter i ordered is useless since i won't be charging it for 6 hours in the car....ehh haha but i'd like to run off it while charging if it avoids hooking up cables to my crappy car.

Top Top

#

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:01 pm

Site Admin

Yes, it is possible to run the Vagabond while it is charging from the car adapter. Keep in mind that most shooting loads will drain the battery faster than it will charge. The VII inverter can connect to the car battery with the included cables. In either case, you may want to consider running your car, at least intermittently, to prevent a walk home :o

TS

Top Top

#

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:13 pm

well it seems the vagabond can be very handy and then some. i will definitely be running my car. gas is cheaper than bribing someone to pick me up from the middle of nowhere. thanks as always.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]