Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ] 

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:20 pm

When using the Cyber Commander, I have one channel that fires even when I am trying to meter a singular other channel.

So basically the full scenario is I have an AB800 on channel 5. It fires even when I'm trying to only meter my WL1600 on channel 3. Or channel 1, etc. All of the other channels and lights are working normally.

Anything I should be trying?

Top Top

#

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:09 pm

Site Admin

Are you using a dummy plug in the sync jack of the problematic light? if not, do so (a standard sync cord will work as well). This locks out the slave eye which would otherwise still function. Make sure the channels are seated properly and the set up proceedures were followed, particularly the "open from studio" section.

Additionally, you should test the lock out function if that does not help. Plug in the dummy plug, turn the light to full power. Place another light directly behind that light, aimed at the back panel of the test light and set it to minimum power. (the power settings help distinguish which light fires). If the dummy plug is installed and the test light still fires, the slave eye is still active and the lock out does not work.

Please let us know the results!

Top Top

#

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:18 pm

It was the sync cord...it wasn't plugged in all the way...I must have knocked it loose.

Thanks for the help!

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 3 posts ]