Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 9 posts ] 

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:50 pm

I have been very happy with the CC and CST units. However, one issue that still plagues me is the slave for all of the units I have on CSBs fire whenever another photographer is shooting. I have the slave set to off for all units in the CC, but yet they continue. Do I also have to insert a dummy plug to stop this, or am I doing something wrong?

Top Top

Website

#

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:12 pm

Site Admin

Cyber Commander can only disable slaves on Einstein and future lights. This capability is not in the AB interface. To disable AB/WL slaves, insert a blank sync cord or a "dummy" 1/8" plug.

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:02 am

Luap wrote:
Cyber Commander can only disable slaves on Einstein and future lights. This capability is not in the AB interface. To disable AB/WL slaves, insert a blank sync cord or a "dummy" 1/8" plug.

Ok, that is good to know. Thanks!

Top Top

Website

#

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:04 am

poisonberry wrote:
I have been very happy with the CC and CST units. However, one issue that still plagues me is the slave for all of the units I have on CSBs fire whenever another photographer is shooting. I have the slave set to off for all units in the CC, but yet they continue. Do I also have to insert a dummy plug to stop this, or am I doing something wrong?

I've got dummy plugs chained to all my AB and WL units:

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:09 am

RDKirk wrote:
poisonberry wrote:

I've got dummy plugs chained to all my AB and WL units:

I think this is exactly what I am going to have to do. Thanks for the idea and the image.

Top Top

Website

#

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:36 am

is this an optical slave? If so couldn't it be permanently covered up with black tape or something

Top Top

#

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:59 pm

chadlh wrote:
is this an optical slave? If so couldn't it be permanently covered up with black tape or something

since I never use the slaves I am considering disabling the thing completely anyway.

Top Top

Website

#

Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:43 pm

poisonberry wrote:
chadlh wrote:

since I never use the slaves I am considering disabling the thing completely anyway.

I got some dummy plugs from PCB, unscrewed the plug portion, cut off the connections, and stick into the socket.

"Permanent", but reversable...and nothing sticking out to catch on.

John

Top Top

#

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:20 am

Site Admin

Using the lock out function of the sync jack is recommended. Using tape will certainly make the eye less sensitive, but it can still fire. The eye is a sensor placed behind the white window. If the light comes in from a vent or other opening, it can still be seen, and therefore fire.

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 9 posts ]