Paul C. Buff, Inc. Technical Forum

Technical Discussion Forum for all Paul C. Buff, Inc. Products

Login

Post a reply
 [ 7 posts ] 

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:35 pm

Site Admin

Cyber Commander owners!

Thank you for your recent purchase of the Paul C. Buff, Inc. Cyber Commander! As with any new technology, there have been some rare unforeseen circumstances in which the Cyber Commander has not performed as intended. As always, Paul C. Buff, Inc. strives to offer unrivaled support for our products, not only with updates for current products, but looking into the future as well. With this in mind, Paul designed the Cyber Commander (as well as Einstein) to have user-upgradable firmware, which can both fix operational problems as well as add functions to the product.

Today, we are announcing the availability of Cyber Commander version 29 firmware which not only addresses some operational issues, but also adds some functions not available on previous versions that will enhance the use of your Cyber Commander. For instructions on downloading and installing the update, please visit this link, scroll down and click on the "Firmware Updates" tab. http://www.paulcbuff.com/pcb2009/cyberc ... tions.html All you will need to perform the update is a new MicroSD card (2GB or smaller), a computer with internet access, and a card reader capable of reading and writing to the MicroSD card.

We hope you find this update beneficial. As always, if you have any questions, please visit our Tech Forum http://paulcbuff-techforum.com/viewforum.php?f=8 or feel free to contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-443-5542 or email us at info@paulcbuff.com.

To keep confusion to a minimum, There will be two threads, this one for questions and posts regarding the features, benefits and general conversation. The other will be for assistance in updating the Cyber Commander. Please keep the conversation to firmware 22, 27, or 29. Please do not discuss any future firmware requests/possibilities in either of these two posts.

Top Top

#

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:27 pm

can i use the micro sd card in the cybercommander to perform this operation? I don't really want to go out and by a card if I can use this one.

Top Top

Website

#

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Yes, you can use one card, but for safety's sake, if you have any saved configurations, you should copy them to your hard drive as a backup.

Top Top

#

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Okay, so I see a new Refresh option...what else is new besides (hopefully transparent) bug fixes?

Top Top

#

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:16 am

Site Admin

A list of updates is at the top of the instructions page.

Top Top

#

Fri May 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Rec'd my new Cyber Commander (Serial #002184). You shipped it 4/22, with the new firmware installed I presume?

Top Top

#

Mon May 10, 2010 9:04 am

Site Admin

yes, it is FW v.29

Top Top

Post a reply
 [ 7 posts ]